Total Pageviews

Monday, September 12, 2011

Aeria Games: Good Riddance to A Bad Company



Remember my Eden Eternal review? How I liked the games aspects, but was still on the fence about sticking around or not? Well, turns out I was pushed over one side of the fence. I wish I could say the grind broke me in half, but I didn’t subject myself long enough to the game to know that for sure.

What forced me out of the yard was the scandal I found relating to the business practices of Aeria. On a random Youtube binge I found this video.



Now this is just straight wrong. There is a link to his blog post recounting the events of this one victim from the video. What further added to this is that 100’s of accounts were banned under what appears to be under false pretenses. Since Aeria Games refuses to go public on this matter it only makes me feel more suspicious of them.

I had also heard that they (like Nexon) have horrible customer service from various forums and if that wasn’t enough, the bastards are manipulating their own Better Business Burial ratting to make themselves look good.

So I will no longer be playing anything from Aeria games. I will neither be reviewing anything from Nexon due to my personal experiences with them while trying to do the Mabinogi review. If you want to play their games, I won’t stop you. I won’t be going on some boycott against them either. I’m going to vote against them with my dollar. A dollar that will be going towards something more worthy.

I didn’t want this thing to run into too long, didn’t read territory (also they have not nailed me yet, so I don’t have anything more to add due to lacking first hand experience with their “methods”), so if you want to learn more here’s some reading material on the subject and other Aeria nonsense:


OH…and if Eden Eternal gets picked up by another publisher…let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment