Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Shadow Era Card of the Day – U.S. Nationals Week: Gravebone


Undeads are awesome. Mages are awesome. So by that logic an undead Mage is mind-blowingly awesome. Behold, the forth Hero making his way to the second round of the tournament this Saturday.



Gravebone, or rather GraveBONED if you face a solid build. We have two such builds moving onto the Finals (sadly their names escape me at this time). I haven’t had a chance to face them then, but I hope I get to fight at least one of them before all is said and done.

He has this killer ability where he can bring back Allies from your Graveyard to your hand for the cost of 2 Shadow Energy. This is a big deal though it’s handled by it being limited to the topmost Ally in there so a bright opponent can kill your Plasma Behemoth first and your Fire Snake second forcing you to take the snake when you really want the Plasma Behemoth.

Belladonna makes SWEET LOVE to Gravebone. Bring a Ally back from the dead and draw a card? Yes, please! Things can really get awesome once you start thinking with PORTALS! Well, Portal to be exact. With Belldonna handing you more cards and Portal allowing those Allies to attack right away and all the other Mage goodies like Fireball and of course the devastating Supernova, Gravebone can create quite a bit of pressure if you can be a threat on both those fronts.

Overall, I think Gravebone is awesome. Shame more of him didn’t make it to the big show, but what can I say? I look forward to seeing them in action and possibly facing one before it’s all over. I might get my wish and regret it though. Tomorrow, I cover the Hero I will be using that is draped in controversy.

No comments:

Post a Comment