Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Targus HeatShift AWE45US1 Cooling Pad




Wow, I am having one Hell of a busy week. The heat is killing me where I live but not as badly as it could end the life of an innocent battery of a laptop. In these summer months people who like gaming will not only have to keep cool but also have to be wary of your laptop overheating faster than usual or risk thermal shutdown and possible shortened battery life before the summer is done.

With that in mind I thought I should give this a whirl. This IS a gaming blog so why not cover something which can be a gaming ally? Behold, the Targus Heatshift Cooling Pad. The one I ended up getting was a few inches shorter than I would have liked but it reaches all the critical areas that generate heat so it works.

The way it works is that unlike other cooling pads which use fans to pull away heat (and eat power from the laptop itself in some cases) this uses special crystals. The crystals melt into a gel which draws in the heat taking most of it away from the laptop so it doesn’t scorch your future, legs or harm the battery. Bonus points on the fact that it’s very cheap.

Of course just because it’s drawing heat away doesn’t mean you should neglect to take a special vacuum or can of compressed air to the vents one and awhile to ensure you’re protected on all fronts. I’d go out and get one when the chance comes if you’re looking for a cheap answer to your heating woes.

No comments:

Post a Comment