Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 18, 2011

First Impression: Remnant Knights




Oh my God! I never thought I would meet a game that would piss me the fuck off before I barely even started playing it. Just a warning this is going to be more angry rant than review since the game wouldn’t stop acting retarded! Remnant Knights is another Anime inspired MMO (surprise, surprise). This one is hosted at Game Samba about two schools that fight one another for one reason or the other.

The first thing that got me mad was the start up time for the game. It took nearly 15 seconds after starting it up before I could play, while more reasonable ones might only eat up about six at most telling me who made it and had rights to it. When I finally got it started I logged in and went to create my character. Turns out the games character customization is even more poor than a third world country. That’s right, AFRICA sends aid to THIS GAME!

It’s bad enough that I can’t adjust the skin tone of the character (I guess only white people play video games, right?) but the eyes were locked as well, attached to each face change. The hair was okay through, I will grant them points for letting me change the color of it to such a finite point but that’s pretty much where it ends. They have two different costumes for each school at the base level, but as I looked into what the more advance class would look like in each school THE RIVAL SCHOOLS SHARE THE SAME COSTUMES FOR THE ADVANCE CLASSES! WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THAT!? THESE ARE RIVAL SCHOOLS! ARE YOU TELLING ME THE PEOPLE WHO DESIGNED THIS GAME COULDN’T BE BOTHERED TO MAKE THE ART TEAM DRAW UP DIFFERENT ADVANCED CLASS UNIFORMS FOR EACH FACTITION!?

I guess they got lessons from Valve on making non repeating character design (looking at YOU Team Fortress 2, you lazy bastards who couldn’t fucking bother to make the Red and Blu characters different from one another other than sticking them in different colored shirts). This really bothers me since lack of customization means I can’t really get involved with the character I’m creating, so for me these things you might consider petty really bother me (but I would like to state on the record if the gameplay is solid enough I could look passed it). The nail on the coffin is that you can only create characters for one school per SERVER!

But the bitchfest doesn’t end there. When I logged in I went through the tutorial and as I was navigating different menu screens, closing them or clicking on some things in them would cause my character to act brain dead and run into walls (repeatedly), or move to places before I was ready. Also combat. It seems rather slippery. My attacks didn’t respond too well. When I clicked on an enemy my character didn’t attack dead on, and clicking on things sometimes required repeated clicking to get stuff to work. NO WONDER THE GAME HAS LITTLE TO NO PLAYERS ON IT!

So, if you want to piss yourself off or are looking for a game to recommend to someone you hate, I highly recommend Remnant Knights. Maybe you can look passed these things, but I can’t. I was hoping to try something that would amuse me and cheer me up after having such a long a stressful week, but now I’m more pissed off than I was before.

6 comments:

  1. lol then just go find other game stop complaining.
    go make a better game if you can. then you can complain all you like

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look, bub. I pretty much write about what I play. If you didn't want to read about possible complaints, why did you come here? It's a REVIEW BLOG, so you could expect complaints, or did you not get that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im with you there, I customise my character and click create and it does NOTHING! wtf?

    ReplyDelete
  4. your review is so true.. i wish they added more character customization.. ._.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hated that game.. im with u

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm with you on this also. i tried to create a character but it didn't work! i tried finding the problem, i found only complaints about the game. so i got sick of it and closed the game, NOW THE MUSIC THAT PLAYS IS STILL PLAYING EVEN THOUGH I CLOSED THAT SHIT HOLE OF A GAME!

    ReplyDelete