Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Revenge of the Titans


Today Aron here to Review Revenge of the Titans, an indie tower defense game.
Before I continue on I want to say I’m a lover of TD games and am quite good at them, I installed and started this up thinking, I’ll blitz through it like I do other TD games…boy was I wrong.

There are about six kinds of offensive towers in this game, The Blaster, which is your standard gun nothing special, The heavy blaster, an upgraded blaster that can pierce through armor, the Rapid blaster, a stronger version of the blaster, not as strong as the heavy blaster, but has rapid fire,
The Blaster cannon, which is a stronger version of the Heavy Blaster and has higher armor piercing, the other two I don’t know about because I have yet to get them.

The Turrets run on an ammo system and after a cretin amount of shots they need to reload so be careful where and how you place the turrets.

There are special buildings you can place for buffs on the Turrets, such as a Cooling tower to increase fire rate, and a battery to increase Max ammo on each turret, see which combos work well for what situation.
Threes also the classic barricade to slow done the titans, which can be helpful

The Aliens or, Titans, the enemies of this game, all range from tiny, medium, large, and OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL IS THAT! Size. The size of the titan seems to tell how much damage the thing will do to your turrets or base, which means the OMGWTHT size titans, will one shot everything in it’s path including your base.
The turrets are placed anywhere you wish by the way, the base is in a fixed location on the map.

Money is required to build theses turrets, and money is gotten by refining crystals with a refinery another building you can place next to crystals, it has no defenses so make sure you protect it if anything gets near it

Speaking of Defenses the turrets and other things that can be built require you to go into research branches, some of them give bonuses to your turrets and others just help you get farther in researching.

Now onto my experience with this game, the first few levels were a breeze, it did a nice job trying to ease me into the research and game mechanics, when I hit about level Five it started to pick up in difficulty which made me have to kick into a higher gear sooner then I normally do when I play a TD which was a pleasant surprise, but when I got to the first boss, oh god did it hit me! It took me about Seven times to figure out, I needed to think less defensively and more offensively then I normally do the Difficulty of the game takes a HUGE jump when it comes to a boss level I’ve only taken down two bosses, and looking forward to the others because of this massive jump

I would Recommend getting this game, in the Humble game 3 pack if you enjoy a hard TD game, this will have you coming back for more Now excuse me, I need to get back to defending the mars base! Did I mention each stage is on different planets as you progress, if I didn’t, I did now that’s right your fighting to protect the solar system! Now I got to dash more titans are approaching on my location general Aron out!

No comments:

Post a Comment