Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 6, 2011

A Planned Article: Cash Shop Influence


Hello, readers. As you know I tend to not really bother with premium content in MMORPG’s on the grounds on I’m afraid I might find that I do not like the game…that and I don’t have much in the way of disposable income. My silent partner will not always support me and I’m what you might call working class poor and being a professional student makes things tighter.

I wanted to do something on the true effects of cash shops on performance by playing two characters in one game. One that will have the full benefits of a cash shop at her beck and call and one who will have to slog his way through the length of the game as just the average grinding freeloader (not meant to be taken as an insult). I already have a game in mind to fully explore this. One Eden Eternal to be exact. It would be written in by the perspective of each character. Each character would be played through for a week each, so it would be a two week project before my findings get posted.

While the character that is using the Cash shop will bare my name the other character will only be revealed by the time the experiment is done.

To do this at its absolute fullest I require around $50 (since that’s the most AP you can get in one sitting) to get this started. I don’t expect it all to come from one person, in fact if 50 people contributed $1 that would be great.

The donation button is at your right. If I don’t get enough to do this than no big deal, I’ll just fill it with something else. I’m in the process of reviewing the game as we speak anyway. Just me going on about a possible follow up to my cash shop musing, you know putting my money where my mouth is.

No comments:

Post a Comment