Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 29, 2012

First Look: Glory Destiny Online


WOW it has been awhile since I done one of these. Anyone remember my review on Eden Eternal? Well the same company (X-Legends) who made that (and made the fatal mistake of giving publishing rights to the asshats at Aeria Games) have created a game that as I type this is in a Global Open Beat with a similar art style taken into a Chibi-er direction called Glory Destiny Online. WHY companies insist on placing “online” at the end of any MMORPG that didn’t already have some kind of OFFLINE component I’ll never know. For those of you who are new  a First Look is in no way a complete review it’s a recount of my first 24 hours of a game. It is also my policy to never give real review of a game until it has transitioned into full release.

Starting off you have 3 races to choose from. Each race has 2 classes so you got 6 classes that are bound by race (strike one, X-Legends I would like these classes to be available to ALL races but this is just a personal gripe but not enough to keep me from the game). They are Fighters, Shaman, Archer, Warrior, Assassins & Sorcerers. Fighters & Warriors are the tank classes. They could also be built to be more about damage than tanking. Shamans & Sorcerers are either Magic DPS or Support class depending on how you build them (though I must tell you that the Sorcerers have Resurrection and the Shaman doesn’t in case something like that will influence your choice) and the Assassins & Archers are DPS. I’m not going to lie. Using Eden Eternal as a yard stick having to choose ONE CLASS without being able to switch over on the fly feels ass backwards for this company so come balancing day and IF the way I play is considered broken as all hell I’ll have to roll up another character. NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT!

 
The first thing you’ll notice is that this plays like pretty much any other MMORPG. Right click to move and WASD movement. The second thing you’ll notice it the Auto Router but there is a critical difference. In order to use any skills you’ll first have to press the number key and then click the right mouse button to fire off said skill. It’s certainly different I’ll say that much but I don’t see it making a lot of sense. One has to wonder what the PvP is like and if this makes things better or worse. You could also hotkey a skill to the left button instead of relying on the standard attack if you desire. It feels odd like that time I was caught making a Spam with salsa and gravy mix and having to answer why I was doing it then eating it and finding out it was a terrible taste combo. Maybe I just need to play more to get used to it.

 
Also it seems that despite this being an open beta that the Item Mall is open for business. I’m not quite sure what the conversion rates are for the Premium Game Currency but when I find out it will be noted in my full review (some donations for that would be nice if anyone could spare anything *points to donation button*). Right now its major difference from any other MMORPG on the market (correct me if I missed something that predates this) is that its super cute. So if you really like super cute things why not sign up for the game? It’s at least keeping me busy till I find something with a bit more meat on the bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment